Senator Shelley Moore Capito (R-WV) by University of Chicago Institute of Politics
Join the IOP as we welcome Senator Shelley Moore Capito (R-WV) for a conversation on her career in politics, her role in representing her home state of West Virginia, and her work in forging bipartisan compromise amidst a polarized political climate. As the junior senator from West Virginia – a state represented by both a Democrat and a Republican – Senator Capito is uniquely positioned to address the dynamics at play in a highly polarized Senate, particularly after a controversial Supreme Court confirmation and the 2018 midterm elections.
Before becoming West Virginia’s first female senator in 2014, Senator Capito served seven terms in the U.S. House of Representatives. She currently serves on the Appropriations Committee, the Environment and Public Works Committee, the Rules and Administration Committee, the Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee, and the Energy and Natural Resources Committee.
- This event is free and open to UChicago students, faculty, staff and the public. If you cannot attend, please cancel your ticket order on Eventbrite so others may register.
- Registration is required.
- Doors will open 30 minutes before the event begins. Any unclaimed seats will be released 10 minutes before the event begins. Please arrive early to claim your seat. If you can no longer attend, please cancel your ticket order on Eventbrite so others may register.
- Please contact the Institute of Politics at [email protected] or 773-834-4671 for any other questions or accommodation requests.
- To add this event to your calendar. Click “Add to my calendar” on the right, and choose among the options (Outlook, Google, iCal, Yahoo).